My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Who Would Have Thought It Would Take A Vampire To Get Me To Read A Romance Novel

While I was away in Mexico I took along two books to read. I truly didn't think I would get through both of them, but I did. So as I sat at the airport waiting to board our plane home, I figured I would take a look in the book store I had a five hour flight ahead of me, something to read would be nice. The book store really didn't have much to choose from, the only book that looked the least bit interesting to me with this book called Twilight. I new a bit about this book, on a number of occasions while at Chapters I had even picked it up to see if I wanted to purchase it. I briefly remember seeing the trailer of the movie one Friday night while I was out with David. But honestly the whole vampire thing really didn't interest me that much.

So here I was staring at this book again, I had a five hour flight to sit through and I knew that David would most likely sleep most of the way... so what the heck I purchased it.

I am not sure what super powers the Author Stephenie Meyer's has but by the end of our flight I was SO into this book it was all I could do to stop reading and get off the plane. The next three days I eat, cleaned and looked after the kids just waiting for the next free moment when I could once again enter Bella's world with Edward. I was found cooking dinner with the book in my hands, staying up till well after midnight to get one more chapter finished and my PVR recordings were piling up each day. My poor husband soon learned NOT to disturb me if he saw me curled up in the living room chair with this book in my hands. I was totally lost to everything around me while I read this book.

When I finally finished the last page my husband thought that for a brief moment he could have his wife back.... and I assured him he would get me back but NOT until I had read the next three books!!!!!

This weekend I finally finished the fourth and final book. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoyed these stories. I will say one thing it takes an extremely talented writer to make a fictitious creature like a vampire into a young girls prince charming.

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com

2 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

OH MY #6 said...

that good eh?! I have them now I am inclined to read them. thanx for the review.

lea
xo

Anonymous said...

I love these books so far, I am on book three and it's only been about a month and a half. I can't wait to see the movie and they are working on the second one.