My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Letter From Donna

June 3rd, 2008


Dear Friends;

Steve has opened his eyes! Not only is that fact amazing but the story behind it is even more so. On Sunday morning many churches were praying for Steve. Between 10 and 11am our church, Elmvale Community Church had dedicated that hour to prayer and praise. It was about fifteen minutes into that hour on Sunday morning that Steve opened his eyes. I know hundreds of you are praying and it is working! How gracious of God to answer our prayers so fast! He is so good to me! I was in the depths of despair and now I am practically floating.
Steve is still not what they would call awake yet as it is a slow process of waking up but he is on his way. He is showing many good signs of his abilities. His right side had gone quite still for a few days but it is now moving again. He is focusing on faces and had made a couple of attempts to talk. Yesterday, he was focusing on a friend on one side of the bed and then turned to me on the other side of the bed and looked at me. He then raised his arm and ran his fingers through my hair and rubbed my back. It was a piece of normalcy that felt so good! He also ruffled our son Andrew’s hair when Andrew was hugging him goodbye.
Steve is still being ventilated to keep his airway clear and currently has another bout of pneumonia that is quite common when intubated. The doctors are hopeful that he will be more awake in the next few days in order for them to take the tube out of his throat. I look forward to hearing his voice.
We are on our way to recovery friends. It is a long and bumpy road and not one that I would have ever chosen. Thank you for all your support and prayers. Please continue to pray for a full recovery for Steve, endurance for me and comfort for our family. We are all really missing him.

In His Grace,

Donna Langman

3 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

"T" said...

Thanks for the update Wendy. I was wondering how he was doing... Oh the power of prayer
;)
Tonya

Tracey and Mike said...

So glad to hear that Steve is starting to show signs of recovery. He and his family are blessed to have friends like you to help them through this terrible time.

Brandi said...

Need some tissue now!!, keep us updated Wendy, hope he continues to do well.