My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Friday, March 7, 2008

Could It Be That This As Well Could Be The Cause Of My Stress

Before I begin I want everyone reading this to understand that I have a keeper for a husband. He's kind, very considerate to me and the kids. He spoils me rotten on a regular basis. He's a wonderful provider to us. He's smart beyond smart and has had a successful company for over 10 years as a General Contractor.



That being said not everyone is perfect and my husband is NOT the exception.



Just over a year ago my husband convinced me to do some home renovations. I had some concerns about this. My first concern was he wanted to do the work to save on costs. My usual red flag went up because in the past my honey has been great at starting projects but sucks at doing the final finish. Like our downstairs he started five years ago and it's still not done. Then there's the side of the house were he added a window in our basement. Well he go the window in but hasn't finished the rest yet.



I suppose I should have know better when I agreed but he was so eager and he promised me that he would finish.. To show me his commitment he started by re tiling one of the upstairs bathrooms and he finished it. So I gave him the green light to proceed.



Here's were we are to date

The Stairs


Finished last summer but now waiting for the final trim to be put on





The Mud Room


Still waiting for the tile to be put down. This was torn up last January



The Pool


Finished the summer of 2006 but where's my fence around the pool ???? Why is the deck not finished????



The Kitchen


Here are the new kitchen cabinets sitting in our basement just waiting to be put in the kitchen. We ordered these last spring.



And I wanted to save the best for last.



Our EnSuite



This project was started in Late January 2007. I took these pictures this morning.


The hole were the toilet should be!!!!





Oh the toilet,, I guess it enjoys a nice tub once and a while.


The pipes for the sink and the cement floor for the heated tile.


I don't even notice most days and I think that's what drives me nuts. I've become accustom to this mess!!!


My Honey has assured me all these will be finished this year!!!!!

6 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Steffie B. said...

Oh dear....you poor soul.....my hubby is a GC too...how funny is that....but he does complete his projects....would you like me to send him over....all he requires in return is a good dinner and some Heinekin or Tsingtao! lol

C's Mom said...

You definitely DO have the patience going on. I'd be making some phone calls by now...to the handymen that is!

More power to ya :0)

Tracey and Mike said...

Oh, I've been there myself! (though not quite as bad as you). The only thing that got my dh to finish was to put the house up for sale. Hopefully you won't need such extreme measures!

Anonymous said...

Wow! If I was your "honey" and saw this posted for all to see, I'd send you pack'n. You need to be very careful about what dirty laundry yo put out on the line. It may be cathartic for you, but tihnk of the postential damage. Very selfish!

Steffie B. said...

Oh yes.....I've had an coward show up on my blog to.....took everything I had in me to write a polite statement.....so sorry girl!

Shirley said...

Are we taking bets whether he will finish this year??? hahaha..
As for the pool area..give me a ring..I think we can manage to put up one section of fence after we finsih the 3 pitchers of Pina Colada's. I would be more than happy to help with the pool area!!