My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Why Does It Have To Be So Hard

When we had our first child 13 years ago I was 27, although Ryker was a very challenging child I woke up each day feeling happy, excited about what that day would bring and having tones of energy.
We waited seven years before we had Reegan. She was a delight, sleeping through the nights at six weeks. Being a mother to this little girl was one thing but not being tired all the time made it the best of the best.
In between looking after my own .. I also ran a day home and looked after 5 kids each day. I woke up around 5:30am and would go for a walk. Around 6:30am the kids would start to arrive and my days were then filled with caring for not only my own but other's. I felt unstoppable. People would tell me all the time they didn't know how I did it. I was able to look after these kids... keep my house in order... exercise on a daily basis.
So when we decided to adopt another child I really felt I could handle the extra child.
Lately I feel like I have failed miserably!!!!!
Now I wake up at 6am and lie in bed trying to convince myself that it would be O.K. for Ryker to either miss school or be late, all so I don't have to get up. Then once I finally get up showered and get Ryker off to school I no sooner walk through the door when I hear Larkyn crying .. so now I change her feed her and entrained her.. Then our little ray of sunshine comes jumping down the stairs wanting attention... attention .. attention...
I once was a person who was organized and very structured. Even though I am physically in the same room as my family more and more days I feel like I am not there at all, just going through the motions. I am not stupid I know moms go though hard times.. I am no stranger to depression, but honestly I truly figured I was past this part and after many years of experience, handling a house, three kids and a husband would be a piece of cake.
I am so lucky to have the life that I have yet these days I feel like I can't get enough rest or down time.
So there you have it. I am officially a mess!!!!!
WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO HARD!!!!!!

6 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

4D said...

I wish I had more words to help ease your frustration and sadness.

Maybe you it is a touch of PAD?

Do not be so hard on yourself. You are a great Mom and wife.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

It all sounds familiar. I think as women/moms/wives we all go through this. I agree with Doris, a touch of PAD maybe? You know I am all too familiar with that!

C's Mom said...

Thinking of you and sorry you are having a hard time of it right now.

Take care of yourself first and it helps bring on brighter days ahead.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like winter has done you in a little...a little depression due to lack of sunlight?...this winter has been soooo long...don't beat yourself up; you sound like things in general are great...its the Feb-March BLAHS....It will get better...you don't have to feel happy all the time...Hang in there...from another Albertan who loves Alberta, but is exhausted of the Albertan winter and is a mom to three wonderful children too (two adopted from China;my youngest in November...so I know...)...

Shirley said...

Aww so sorry. We all feel like this..a lot trust me! I feel like I never have any alone time unless I stay up until midnight every night. Sounds like you need a just "mommy" day!!

Tracey and Mike said...

I've found it very hard too. We are just now getting into a "normal" family rhythm and after six months our lives feel good again (an we only have two kids!). Hang in there it will get better! A friend of mine just brought home a baby boy from Vietnam. She has an older biological boy & girl like you. She is finding it extremely difficult. I think what you are going through is very normal.