My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Marley & Me

Over the past year I have stood at the book store and pondered this book. I have read the intro a number of times, looked at all the pictures inside, and even though the story line interested me I just wasn't sure if it would be a good book to read. Then a few months ago my sister asked me if I had read the book "Marley & Me" I told her I had seen it but not read it yet. She said it was wonderful book.

So a week ago when I was in Chapter's and once again I came across this book I decided to purchase and read it. My sister had given me a heads up about the ending so I decided to read the end first so I would be better prepared.

This book did not disappoint, at times I found myself laughing out loud. I was slowing falling in love with this big goof ball of a lab. Even with all his mishaps he was true to his heart and his owners new that as well. Just over half way though the book I realized that I was in trouble!! I knew how this book ended and even though I had read the ending first that was before I had gotten to know this family and dog. Those two chapter's in the book took me two days to get through.. What a sight for my husband when he walked into our bedroom.. I was a total case.. Tears... sobbing... tones of Kleenex all over the bed. I actually had to stop ready the book because It was soo upsetting for me to read. As I type this I really can't quite understand why it effected me so. Yes I love animals very much... Yes we owned a beautiful Golden Retriever a few years bad so I certainly could relate to this dog and his life. I suppose all the credit for my teary eyed break down really needs to go to the author John Grogan. His black and white words on paper were able to reach me and made me miss Marley as much as they did.

I recommend to anyone out there whether you like animals or not to read this book.

http://www.marleyandme.com/blog

4 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Tao's Mommy said...

Oh great...LOL!!! My mom bought me the book last week and I'm only on chapter 2. So I better have the kleenex near by soon.

Steffie B. said...

Hmmm...perhaps i will checi it out....thanks for sharing...you know...I have sooooo much extra time on my hands to read! lol

Anonymous said...

I did warn you. As I said, I would laugh out loud and cry on the Go Train to work..I must have been a sight for sure. I can't wait for the movie...

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I just picked up this book the other day almost half way through and I've teary eyed a few times already.