My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

One Year Ago Today!!!




It seems so hard to fathom that one year ago today three nannies from the Xuwen Orphanage walked into a rectangle white room and one by one made dreams come true. Larkyn was the second baby to come out from her Orphanage. When I look at the video and pictures of those first few weeks I realize just how tiny and pale she was. She seemed to adjust to her new parents well .. making us feel so lucky each day and night (She slept through the night while we were there) When I look at her now I only see a small glimmer of that baby that was handed to me.


One Year... 365 days have passed so fast I can hardly believe it. I wish with all my might I could close my eyes and once again be there in that small simple white room, because there was nothing simple about what took place for the five families that were with us on that day.






HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER DEAR!!!!





Not only is this our Gotcha Day Anniversary but it's also my sister's Birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER DEAR!!!



Unfortunately this is not the happiest day for my sister or her husband. Last Saturday one of there dearest friends was killed in a car accident, his girl friend managed to survive the crash but is struggling in ICU and we are not sure how long she can continue to fight her injuries. Both Debbie and Jeff are devastated by this lose and there will be some tuff roads ahead of them while they try to make sense of the accident and why Al was taken away from so many people who loved and cared for him.



While we were in Ontario for our family vacation I had an opportunity to meet Al and his young daughter Kassy. Here's a picture of them at the camp fire with Reegan.

4 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

geminirn said...

Well happy one year forever family day to you all,you have a beautiful family.happy Birthday to your sister,my heart goes out to this young couples families.

RoLo said...

Congratulations on celebrating your 1 year Forever Family Day. What an amazing day full of extraordinary memories.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Wendy. I know that you know first hand how hard it is to lose a close friend. Life will go on...it has to but eh world is a bit dimmer now without Al.

Tracey and Mike said...

It's so hard to believe how much they have grown in this last year! Hope you had a wonderful "forever family day"!