My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Saturday, January 17, 2009

From My Balcony In Cancun



Our Room's View

We are half way through our trip. Today the sun graced us with her precents, the first four days we saw clouds but no rain. It's still warm and humid and very windy.

As with our custom we rented a car for the week.. Both David and LOVE being able to drive around, to come an go as we like and to see things off the beaten path. China has been the only place that David was unable to drive and he missed that freedom terriably.


Our first official day we drove to Chichen Itza temples. Even though there were lots of people around I was stunned at how quite it seemed to be... Even the wildlife was quite no birds in the back ground and NO bugs of any sort. The accent temples were amazing. It was a long day at least an hour drive on the way there using the express route, but on the way back we decided to take the longer route. I very much enjoyed it as it took us through many small town's along the way letting us see how most Mexican's live. The only draw back was the amount to speed bumps along the way... You would be driving along just staring to pick up some speek and another small town would appear bringing with it many... many ... many speed bumps to slow the drivers down....


Once back at our hotel we where rewarded with a lovely mistake by our resort. As we enter our room all the candles were lit our bed was covered in rose petals and they had made two lovely doves out of towels. I kept looking at David asking him if he had done this "No" he told me it wasn't until we both walked over to the table and there before us was a lovely wedding cake with a white chocolate placed infront wishing us a Happy Anniversary!!! Needless to say we took advantage of those lovely rose petals and cake!!!!




Today was a day that I wanted to have many years ago. The sun finally arrived warming us up nicely and I was off to SWIM WITH THE DOLPHINS!!! I had wanted to do this for some time but hadn't until today... I was not dissapointed, David choose to take pictures he wasn't interested in swiming or touching them. I got a kiss and was able to shake hands/flippers.. Then we all had a free swim which was essecentially our group floating in the water and the dolphines swimming up to us so we could touch them... The grand finale was the dolphines pushing our feet to do what they call the Boot Push. What a great feeling that is... After the first time I could have done that many more times.

Tomorrow we plan to drive down to Tulum were they have more temples by the ocean.

3 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Anonymous said...

How amazing that you got to swim with the Dolphins....I just love your adventurous side, wish I had it. I am so glad you are enjoying yourself, you deserve the rest.

OH MY #6 said...

Oh my gosh, it all looks awesome!

I am looking out the window at yet another 4 centimeters this morning and thinking i love your view much better.

Enjoy!

Lea
xo

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Swimming with the dolphins, rose petals on your bed...I am so freakin envious!:)