My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A few posts back I told you about a gift that I received from a co-worker of my sister's. As well as the wonderful outfit she also included this beautiful poem, so I wanted to share it with all you guys.

TWO DIFFERENT KINDS OF LOVE
A Poem for an Adopted Child
Once there were two women
Who never knew each other.
One you do not remember
The other you call mother.
Two different lives
shaped to make yours one.
One became your guiding star
The other became your sun.
The first gave you life
and the second taught you to live in it.
The first gave you a need for love
And the second was there to give it.
One gave you nationality
The other gave you a name.
One gave you the seed of talent
The other gave you an aim.
One gave you emotions
The other calmed your fears.
One saw your first sweet smile
The other dried your tears.
One gave you up -- it was all that she could do
The other prayed for a child.
And God led her to you.
And now you ask me through the tears
The age old questions through the years
Heredity of Environment --
Which are you a product??
Neither my darling -- neither
Just two different kinds of love
Author Unknown
Thanks Again Mary!!!!

1 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Steffie B. said...

I had that poem on my Story of You Website. I loved it!