My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My Home Grown Kids!!!



Take a good look at these pictures. I want you all to take a particularly good look at my two older children Ryker and Reegan.


I have been amazed no that's not the best word. I have been dazzled by these two kids. When we started this journey of adopting over two years ago Reegan was then 3 years and Ryker was 10. Reegan has always been excited about having a baby sister. In her eyes it's like getting a new toy to play with, but still I figured once the new sister was here she would be singing to a very different tune " The Green Eyed Monster tune".

Then there's Ryker who when the social worker asked him how he felt about this his answer was plan and to the point. "I know this will mean less gifts for me at Christmas and I guess I am O.K. with that"

But never in my wildest dreams did I think these two kids would be as welcoming and warm hearted with Larkyn as they have been. I noticed it first with Ryker while we were still in China. When we called the kids each day on our web cam Ryker was always saying to Larkyn " Look at me I am your Big brother" he was very concerned about her medical hoping that she was O.K. As we descended down the escalators at the airport Ryker was there to great us and Larkyn gave him the biggest smile she could. It was game over from then on.. Love at first sight. This boy even changed his screen saver on his computer to a picture of Larkyn... even Reegan has yet to get that honour. Ryker as said more touching things to me about Larkyn then I think I have ever heard him say. The one that brought me to tears was shortly after our return. He was playing with her on the floor and he looked up at me and asked "How could someone just leave her.. look at those eyes" He's called his friends insisting they come over to meet her. He asked me if he could take her to school for show and tell, of course I said NO then I explained she was NOT a show and tell item. But when I did go to school with him he called his teachers and other friends over to meet her. When I call him on this wonderful behaviour he tells me he's just trying to brainwash her into liking him better then her sister. What a kid!!!




Lets not forget Reegan... Who was the baby of the family, our little princess who could do NO wrong " Well at least in her daddies eyes" I really worried and assumed she would give us a hard time on our return with Larkyn. It would be expected actually. I had many talks with her before hand about the needs of this little girl and how mommy would need to spend time with her and she would need to be patent at times because I would not be able to help her right away if the baby's needs at that time were more urgent. Reegan always seemed to understand this, but deep down I felt once reality set in she would not be a happy girl. Boy was I sooo wrong on this... Reegan like Ryker has shown me what a nurturing person she is. Helpful that's an understatement and helpful in a good way. When we are in the car and as soon as Larkyn starts to fuss Reegan is on the job making her laugh,, getting her a toy making sure she fine. The other day Larkyn spit up and Reegan told me she would take care of the mess. Unfortunately Reegan has her father's stomach and ended up throwing-up while trying to clean up Larkyn. God Love her for trying. Not once when she's had to wait because of her sister has she ever implied or shown that she was upset by it. Not once has she showed any sort of jealousy or frustration when Larkyn has taken me away from some of our time. In fact when I have apologized to her about not being able to give her my time when she needed me in that second she just gives me the biggest smile ever and says " That's O.K. mom Larkyns just a baby and right now she needs you because she can't do anything for herself"

So what could all this mean??? Well this could mean "Quite before the storm" Or maybe just maybe I managed to do something right along the way with these two kids. Naaa I am sure it's just "Quite before the storm"

I love my two home grown children and each day they make me prouder and prouder of them!!!

4 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Anonymous said...

Well Aunt Debbie is certainly proud of Ryker & Reegan as well. Not to mention their Mother who absolutely is the reason they are as caring and nurturing as they are. You are a wonderful example to your children...and to most adults! LOVE YOU ALL!

Tracey and Mike said...

Sounds like you raised a couple of of wonderful kids!

RoLo said...

You have an amazing family.

Shirley said...

What a great life we have huh!!
It's wonderful I agree!
Keep those pictures coming...