My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Friday, April 24, 2009

A Doctor's Revenge

Here's a little tale.

As I stated in my post from yesterday, I went to the Doctors for my yearly physical. What I didn't tell you was, while I was waiting for my Doctor of 8 years to come in, the nurse informed me that Dr. Wiens no longer was practicing family medicine and that I would be seeing the NEW Doctor. Shock was an understatement, I felt a full blown panic attack coming on. I had NO idea who this new Doctor was.. he had NO idea about me and my family or there history, and I had a list of things I wanted to ask and get down.

Before the New Doctor came in I made up my mind that I would be forth-right in telling him how shocked I was about having a new Doctor and I wasn't sure how comfortable I would be with him giving me my yearly physical. I wanted to make him aware that I had done my research and to not give me a hard time about certain tests I wanted done. Those were things I didn't worry about with my old Doctor as she new me well.

By the end of the appointment I was feeling pretty good.. He had listen to me and seemed to understand my shock and leeriness towards him.. He gave me all the tests that I requested as well as the usual ones I take each year. All in all I felt it went well.

Today I went to the Lab to have the blood work done. After waiting "TWO HOURS" I was finally in the room with the lab tech to draw blood. It was there that I learned of this Doctors Revenge!!!! You see my NEW Doctor had also requested I have a "Colon Cancer Screening Test" At first I was a little puzzled as I hadn't expressed to the New Doctor any concerns about that, nor had I mentioned any symptoms that would lead the Doctor to request such a test, I just figure he was trying to be thorough

I am not sure who of you out there has had to take one of these test, BUT it involves three days of smearing your own Poop on a strip of paper!!!!

I finally realized why the NEW doctor had such a pleasant smile on his face when I left his office. His smile was not that of a person who was impressed that his new patent was proactive towards her health. Oh... no he was smiling knowing that I would be smearing my poop on a strip for the next three days! After all it was I who told the Doctor to be as Thorough as he felt we should be!!!


The End

1 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

oh it's lovely and I have done it for a few years now! But much better than a colonoscopy right?! Much, much, better.

Lea
xo