My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Pinch Me I Think I Am Dreaming

When I was a little girl growing up in Ontario the one thing I wanted was to learn to ride horses. The dream of course being that not only would I ride horses but that someday I would own my own horse. Unfortunately my parents were not able to give me that dream, and it wasn't until I married and moved out west that the dream came true. At 25 I learned how to ride a horse and on our first wedding anniversary my wonderful husband bought me my first horse "Darby Day a beautiful Bay Tennessee Walker".

When my son was about three, I realized that having a horse and a family just wasn't going to work and so with a sadden heart I found a wonderful home for Darby and gave riding up, in the hopes that one day I would take up riding again or even better that one of my children would express an interest.

This Monday was the day I had been waiting for. Reegan had been bugging me for quite some time wanting to take riding lessons. I had been a little reserved about getting her into it as it's can be a very expensive sport and the truth be told I truly wasn't sure if she wasn't just caught up in the fairytale of riding a horse. Well her persistence paid off, she had her first lesson this Monday. It was one of those moments when it was all I could do to not cry the entire lesson.

Sitting there watching her brought back all the childhood feelings I once had and the excitement of finally getting to ride as a young adult. Reegan did amazing for her first time, and all though I hope she truly develops a love for riding I am prepared to stop the lessons when she no longer wants them.

"Unfortunately in door riding arena's don't make for great pictures. Hopefully once the weather gets nicer she can start to take her lessons outside."

Reegan riding Ellie

Reegan going through some balancing exercises

0 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment: