My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Sunday, April 22, 2007

So today I am having a really bad mother day with both my kids. But first for those who are not familiar with my family dynamics's let me fill you in. Our 12 year old son was diagnosed with ADHD and ODD ( for those not familiar with ODD it's Obstinate Defiance Disorder) He was officially diagnose in Grade two, both David and I had our suspicion seeing as David has it as well. but we really... really... wanted to tackle any behaviour problems with patents and the help from Child physiologist's. Bye the end of grade three Ryker was struggling so much with reading that we realized behaviour strategies were not going to be enough. So we made the decision to try and I stress TRY med's. I am not happy that he is on medication but I have to say that for him it makes the world of difference. I had to convince myself that Ryker being on med's for his condition was no different then if he had been diagnosed with a heart disease or diabetes, I certainly would not deprive my son of the medications he needed. But today, he got up late and he was unable to take his meds because they would not have time to wear off before bedtime.

When Ryker is not on his med's he is a totally different child. It's seems all the goodness that's in him is no were to be found. He argues about everything, even his look in his eyes change, they have tuns of attitude. By lunch time I have just about had it and can not take much more of it. Even though I know he has difficulties with the impulsivity, I still find it hard to be patent and understanding. I truly dislike being around him when he is behaving this way!!!!! As a mother I don't like feeling that way about either of my kids.

We just finished supper and I am upstairs writing this before my head pop's off from trying to contain my temper, even as I write this I can hear him downstairs bothering his sister instead of doing his homework.

Then there's Reegan, who when Ryker is acting up she goes into bad behaviour mode.

So Today has been a very un-enjoyable day to say the least!!!!!

0 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment: