My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Letter from Donna

Dear Friends;
As you have all heard, my husband Steve Langman had a bad dirt bike
accident on Monday, May 19th. He was riding with his brother Brent
off of County Road 29 when Brent, who was following, came upon him on
the ground. It is his assumption that Steve hit a rut which sent him
into a tree or tried to go around it and miscalculated the closeness
of the trees to him. He had a helmet on which I am certain saved his
life. He was unconscious but breathing. An ambulance was able to
drive down the trail as they were not far off from the entrance of the
trail. The ambulance then met up with an air ambulance and he was air
lifted to Sunnybrook hospital.
For a head injury it takes 72 hours for the full effect of the trauma
to take place. As I write this letter, that time has not passed.
Steve has a fractured skull over his right eye which is causing the
eye to swell but not enough that they are going to have to do surgery
at this point. That is not the main concern though as he has two
contusions to the brain, one in the front and one in the back. It is
his brain that is the greatest concern. Fortunately, it has not
swelled to the point that they need to drill to relieve the pressure.
Steve was under sedation up until Tuesday afternoon. It was my hope
that he would wake up after the sedation wore off yesterday, but that
was not the case. Steve is still unconscious and no one but God knows
when he will wake up.
There are many positive points to mention. His spine and neck bones
are good. His overall state of his neck will be determined after he
wakes up. He has moved all four limbs. He responds to me talking to
him and has squeezed my hand 3 times. I think he just needs more time
for his brain to heal before he will wake up. It may be days, weeks
or months. Then, it will be more months before he is back to the busy
Captain Fun that we know.
I know there are many people praying for Steve and that is so
reassuring. Thank you for that. Please pray for his body to be
healed from head to toe, for patience and endurance for me and his
family, and for our 4 children who are waiting for their Daddy to come
home. That is probably the best way for anyone to help.
This was simply an accident. Steve is a very skilled rider who was
been riding since he bought his first dirt bike when he was 15. He
built a dirt bike track with some friends and rides there regularly
with them and our 11 year old son, William who also dirt bikes, and
our other sons, Andrew and Isaac, who ride ATVs.
Our life has changed in an instant but I am counting on the fact that
God stays the same.


In His Grace,
Donna Langman


Sent on the TELUS Mobility network with BlackBerry

5 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

"T" said...

Keep us posted Wendy.
Tonya

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you all constantly Donna. God Bless you and keep you all in his protection.

C's Mom said...

In my prayers...

Anonymous said...

Sorry Wendy this has nothing to do with this post. But you need to put your favourite book list back up. I am done reading The Kite Runner and almost done Marley & Me, both of them were great books, but I need to know what to read next, you have some pretty good ideas so far!!

Steffie B. said...

keeping you in my prayers