My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Thursday, October 11, 2007




So it's taken me this long to finally be able to move enough from eating all that food over the weekend to finally put up a new post. The turkey, the pies need I say more... Oh yes and time spent with family and friends... Let's not forget that...
Miss Larkyn is eating left right and centre. She now eats at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Today she had cream of chicken soup with her sister. What a relief for me that she has finally decided to eat. Larkyn still doesn't feed herself finger foods... but I am sure it will come.

Once again my dear sister sent the kids some great clothing. It's gotten so bad that as soon as Reegan sees the Fedex man come she starts to giggle with delight knowing that her Aunt has most likely gotten her a new outfit. She got Larkyn these great camo pants the exact one's that I tried to convince Reegan to get the other day as they were on sale. Reegan refused.. declaring they were to much like her brother's pants. So as soon as she opened up the fedex box and saw that her aunt had purchased Larkyn a pair... her views on this pant changed instantly. But the story does not end there... As soon as my dear sister heard this she was down to the store and the very last pair happened to be Reegans size.. so once again the fedex man will be ringing our doorbell. Honestly if her husband only know how often she was buying stuff for my kids ...Your the best sister dear!!!
On a more serious note. I have had a few days of late were I defiantly feel that the Honeymoon stage of this journey is over. Since our referral picture in June I have been on such a high with very few down days... There's the excitement of finally getting to see your daughter.. Then your busy making calls telling everyone,, having people congratulate you.. Then when that finally starts to die down your busy making sure you have everything for the trip. Before you now it there's farewell dinners.. Good luck emails etc., etc., Then the day finally comes your flying to China... The excitement is almost to much to bare. Finally the day you get your daughter.. and from that day forward you are in warm fuzzy for the rest of the trip. Homecoming is next.. people calling again wishing you congrats.. asking questions.. sending gifts... You are adjusting to life with your new member. Then one morning you wake up and realize that everyone has met her. When your are walking down the street the average Joe doesn't look at you and think Hay that's there new baby from China that they waited two and a half years for. That rush of energy that you have had for the past 4 months is starting to disappear and you realize that your excitement for the day will be choosing to do the laundry first or clean the bathrooms. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining I love my life... it's just a shock to the system after having so much happen in a short period of time and then it all settles down.
Is there anyone out there who can relate to this?

5 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Calico Sky said...

I can relate, I think our minds, bodies, hormones can only take so much...life is often a rollarcoaster and when things settle, hormonally the endorphins and adrenaline don't keep going as strong, result - crash, tired, emotional, sad, "what have I done" moments.
(((BIG HUGS))) give yourself some you time!

Carolyn said...

Wendy- I can relate- back to real life! For me, it's kind of a relief, to be honest. Now that I'm finally hitting a groove!

Steffie B. said...

You just keep loving your life girl. Unless you have friends close by that have been on this journey, I have found that they just don't get it.

I was so depressed for my travel group about a month after we came home. I missed them so badly. I felt like there was no one to connect with.

This too will pass for you. Enjoy your special gift from afar, keep in touch with those you traveled with and us in bloggerland.

It gets better.....and life just keeps going. ;)

Have a good weekend.....
hugs...
S*

Anonymous said...

Yes, dear Wendy, it is a bit of a "shock" when all of the excitement wears off. But I suppose it is for the best, I don't think I could keep going on that high forever...eventually I would just crash out of pure exhaustion.

By the way, Larkyn & Reegan look very lovely!

Love ya!

Shirley said...

I agree with Steffie. When I came home I missed our travel group so much I had them over after 2 weeks of being home. I had 11 adorable little china babies in my home.
Keep Smiling..it does get better but I do know EXACTLY how you feel!I miss China believe it or not. I had so much fun there!! Keep in touch with your travel group and us bloggy girls...I'm meeting with some of my china group this week..Get together with some of your group if you can..it would be great for you!