My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Maybe I Should Have Just Stayed In Bed Today!!

I am not a person who believes in superstitions... I don't believe in bad luck. I do however believe in thinking positive thoughts to get a positive result. So I am not sure were today went wrong. I woke up very positive,,, firstly I got to sleep in which always makes me feel wonderfully refreshed. After a great breakfast I was able to go for a nice walk with the kids. The sun was shining and there was no sign of the snow we had three days ago. After our walk it was off to Reegans Ballet. This my dear friends is where it all started to turn. Now remember at this point I am still feeling and thinking positively. Reegan had gotten her ballet outfit on in record time so unlike most Saturday's I was not running late. As I started down the road with the sun roof open a thought came to me!!! FRAPPACHINO...FRAPPACHINO!!! It was the weekend so I could indulge in a delicious Java Chip Frap with peppermint and whipped cream. I went inside the StarBucks still feeling positive, stopped to notice they now have an orange cream Frap for the summer contemplated getting that instead but kept focused on the mission at hand. I ordered some banana bread for Reegan and decided to order two Fraps so I could get one for my friend Maya to enjoy as well. I was very careful exiting the store with my two Frap's and banana bread.... I managed to get my car door open without any trouble... Then as quickly and as unpredictable as a woman who's PMSing is, one of my two Frap's somehow fell from my hand and EXPLODED everywhere. As I recall it in my mind now it was like a funny movie where the scene slows down and the actor goes into slow motion screaming in a slowed down voice that's very deep saying NOOOOOOOO!!!

Let me tell you I have seen some very BIG messes in my time,, but this my friends was more then I could bare. The entire Frap was on both front seats "Thank God for Leather" I am sure if the sunroof had been closed that to would have been covered. The dash, steering wheel and the carpet covered in chocolate Frap and whipped cream. I took a moment to look back at Reegan who looked shell shocked at the mess. The first thing she said was "I am glade it wasn't my mess" Seeing the distress on my face she did remind me that it was O.K. accidents happen!!! Oh and don't forget we were on are way to Ballet a head of schedule!!! Well that was out the window now.... I must say the staff at StarBucks were great... they even replaced my Frap for free... We managed to get things cleaned up enough to head out for Ballet and only managed to be 5 minuets late.

So the worst for this day must be over right???? Well that's what I thought. I went home and cleaned the car from top to bottom, no problem's accrued while doing this. After that Ryker had a friend over and the kids spend the rest of the day in the pool... All the while I am thinking positive... putting the entire Frap incident out of my mind. Ryker goes out with his friend to see a movie, Reegan goes to bed without a hitch, David and I spend the evening watching TV all is well.

Ryker comes in after the show and I go down the stairs to talk to him... BAM!!!!! I am still not sure how it happened but the next thing I remember is my feet coming from out under me, my bottom landing on the end of the hardwood stair and my upper left shoulder feeling like someone just hit it with a sledge hammer. Down... down... down I went at least five stairs in total... My wonderful son rushed to my side instantly to see if I was OK.

It's strange the things that go through ones mind after a trauma like that. My first though was did I break anything, and was I actually going to through up because it sure felt like I should have. My second thought was "Great David will be going on and on about me insisting on putting hardwood on those stairs" " he was NOT a big supporter of that" So there I lie,, wiggling my fingers and toes to ensure they all work and wondering.

" MAYBE I SHOULD HAVE JUST STAYED IN BED TODAY!!!

Just a note for those of you who feel great sympathy for what happened to me,, you can let me know, and I would be happy to forward my address to you so you can send comforting gifts!!!

GIFT SUGGESTION'S

1. A PILLOW ( for my but now looking very black and blue)
2. A grown up pair of socks that have the rubber words on the bottom ( so this never happens again)
3. A self cleaning car cleaner if they every make one.

5 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Polar Bear said...

OUCH!! I hope you aren't too sore this morning. At least there were some peaceful moments in between the rough ones. :)

Hugs

Calico Sky said...

Poor you! How awful! Hope you had a good day today, rest up!

4D said...

Poor you!!! Hope today is better.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Days like that are a serious bite...only good part? They end!

Tomorrow should be great :0)

Anonymous said...

Well Sister Dear, I am so glad to see you can find the humour in what happened to you. I know if it was anyone else you would have peed yourself listening to this storey. Hate to tell you but with age (i.e. almost 40 like you) comes clumsiness! Better start holding onto handrails, bringing a cart with you for your Fraps (or ask for a "carry out").....Welcome to the 40's! Imagine what the 80's will be like! LOVE YA!