My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Saturday, June 16, 2007

This Is a Wonderful Project

www.a-childs-right.org/projects.html

2 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Norma said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. The Waiting Child program can be quite unpredictable. When referrals came in January, the wait from referral to travel was supposed to be about 6 months. Those families are planning now on travelling in August. There were varying LIDs but I know some where in summer of 2006 - so about 1 year to Gotcha. I started my homestudy on Sept. 2/06. Things went quite quickly - I had provincial approval in Oct. but then CCAA said they would send files to match whatever families the agency had waiting and dossiers were not to be sent. Well, CCAA sent 8 files and there were 25 families waiting. Since some of us would not qualify after the May 1 deadline, my agency, FOI, sent our dossiers - that gives me a DTC of Feb.2/07 and LID Feb.15. Under other circumstances I would probably have had DTC in Dec. I have my fingers (and toes!) crossed that I will get a referral from the 10 files that FOI is currently trying to match to families - I'm a little doubtful that it will actually happen, though. I am #10 on the list but it depends on what everyone is approved for. I don't think there is any chance that I would meet my daughter 1 year from starting the process or even 1 year from what would have been my LID - Well, maybe by Christmas is I get my referral in this batch. Soo - is that too much information?

Sounds like your referral should be any day! You are probably on pins and needles like all of us in the WC program are right now! What agency are you with?

Calico Sky said...

will check it out, thanks!