My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Saturday, August 18, 2007

FEELING HOT... HOT... HOT!!!!

Holy HOT!!! Today we went to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City. The Temperature was so unreal.. for the first time in my life I actually had sweat running into my eyes, not a pleasant experience. Despite the heat I would not have missed it for the world. To actually be there after seeing so many pictures of it was very unreal. There was a part of me that felt a little sad being there knowing that not to long ago many young people lost there lives just trying to do what we at home seem to take advantage of. Laryken was a bit fussy with the heat and she breaks out in a bit of a heat rash with she gets too hot.

From the square we continued on to the Forbidden City. I could have spent all day there despite the heat. The buildings, the colours, the garden and the history are just breathtaking. The crowds of people I find take away the calmness of this spot. What I would give to be there after hours and just walk around in the quited of the buildings and stone path ways.

We are back now for a break, I felt so icky that I took a really nice bath while Larkyn slept. We will be leaving here shortly for the Silk Market. Yahoo SHOP... SHOP!!!

I have to say the one thing that's hard to get used to are the people coming up and just wanting to take a picture of or with you. The other thing is the people trying to sell you something. They don't leave you along not after telling them NO 10 times!!!! David made the mistake of giving an older boy some loose change, the next then he know he was surrounded, all I remember is looking back and hearing David saying to one of the other guys in our group "GET THEM OFF ME MAN" David has made me and most of our group laugh so hard with his reactions to the food and people.

I will try and download some pictures later this evening.

2 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Shirley said...

Yes,,when you emailed me asking about a jacket..I was like NO WAY..hot isn't it..Olivia also kept on breaking out with a heat rash..just had to use cortisone creme everyday.
So nice to see pics..brings back so many memories!!!

Anonymous said...

A swarm of begging kids makes me think of the Dominican. I can't wait to hear more stories about the country. Is the poverty really obvious?