My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well here she Is Miss Larkyn XU Knight







Well I truly thought this day would never come. I was surprisingly very calm leading up to the wait to get Larkyn. I went for a nice walk in the morning and saw a bit of Guangzhou, and then at 2pm we all boarded our bus to get our little ones. The office were we received the children was very clean and air conditioned!!! Then one by one the nannies brought out each child. We were the fourth family to get our baby and after seeing the first two families receive there child my emotions were unable to stay in check. With in minuets of getting Larkyn I was all tears. She is very tiny but very curious about everything. She didn't want anything to eat for the rest of the day and was very happy to cuddle up to me. Larkyn seemed OK with David at first but now cries when he even talks to her. She went to bed around 9pm and didn't make a sound until 8am. Today we did more paper work and some shopping for baby supplies. Larkyn has been more fussy today but at least has been drinking her bottles. After a few hours of crying and wanting to be held all the time I put her down in her crib were she is happily playing with her blanket and toes. I think all the attention is a bit to much at once and she still needs her time on her own. She likes to suck both thumbs which makes getting her dressed challenging, as soon as I remove one thumb to get her top on she put the other one in.
She's very flopping but can get herself to a sitting position, she is not crawling and the nannies tell us all she's been eating is the formula from the bottles so she not eager to try using a spoon yet.
I still can't believe after two and a half years we have actually gotten our daughter!!!!

13 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! So happy to finally see you guys together. She is beautiful and you look so happy!!!

4D said...

Congrats!! What a precious little girl. SO happy for you.

Keep smilin!

Drea said...

Congratulations! she is beautiful, what an exciting day for you all!

RoLo said...

Congratulations:) She is adorable. Love the photos but my favourite is the last one of you holder her.

Anonymous said...

I can hardly look at these pictures without tearing up. I cry everytime I look at my beautiful new niece. She was definitely worth the wait! Love you all. Can't wait to see you in person.

Dave and Brenda said...

Congratulations!! Enjoy this amazing adventure and look after yourselves!

Anonymous said...

And now the real fun begins... Good luck on your trip back home. It'll be strange for a while settling in with a new one. It's nice that Debbie will be there to help you and all the kids adjust.

Congratulions!

cousin, Nancy

Dawn said...

Congratulations!! You daughter is absolutely beautiful!! It always makes me smile to see families being united!!

~Dawn

my3 kids said...

Congratulations...Your daughter is so sweet and looks like she is settling in quite nicely with her new mommy and daddy...what a sweetie.

Janice - fellow FOI family

Sam said...

We're so very happy for you both! What a beautiful little baby girl you have there. Congratulations!!
Sherri

Pug Mama said...

congrats!! sweet Larkyn looks perfect with you guys!!!

Shirley said...

I am so happy for you!!! Tell your husband, no worries. Our daughter would cry when he entered the room for the first 4 days..Slowing she warmed up to him. Little by little he just played with her..then she was Ok by the end of trip...Good Luck!!

Cristina said...

Yay Wendy!! So very happy for you. Larkyn looks divine - love the photo of you holding her!
Cristina in Tasmania