My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wide Awake!!!

So it's 3am here in my hotel room, David is fast asleep and Me, well I am wide awake!!! This is soo unheard of for me to be up in the middle of the night. I figured if I couldn't sleep I might as well make good use of my time and blog. The day before we left Miss Reegan decided it was time to take off those training wheels. With her big brother's help she managed to get herself going and the rest is history. As I was watching her practise up and down our street I couldn't help but feel that my baby is becoming a big girl and what a great big sister she will be. I was so proud of Ryker, he was patent beyond patent, it was a very heart felt moment to watch her trust her big brother knowing that he would not let her fall. While David was standing beside me watching Reegan I was just amazed how just yesterday she was still on her training wheels and now look at her go without them, in just a blink of an eye how things can change. I am so glade I was able to see her accomplish this before we left. Missing that moment when she finally got her balance and was actually biking would have been like missing the those first few steps when she started to walk.
At the hotel we are staying at in Vancouver you can order a container of Ben & Jerry ice cream from room service, not a bowl but the entire container. Despite the fact that it's twice the cost of buying it at the store my husband decided it would make the perfect bedtime snack. So one Cherry Garcia please, David did not disappoint he eat the entire thing!!! I think he's making sure he has lots of reserves on him just in case he finds the food in China to be not to his liking.
For those of you who do not know David let me just say I had family members who would have killed to accompany us to China, not because they wanted to be there to meet Larkyn.. but because they truly wanted to be there to witness David's reactions to some of the foods that the Chinese people enjoy. ha ha

6 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

Anonymous said...

Like I said, I can't believe my baby Sister is in CHINA!!!! I can't wait to talk to you online and I especially can't wait for that first shot of Larkyn in your arms!!!! LOVE YOU!!
P.S. Thank God for technology!!!!

Tracey and Mike said...

Can't wait to meet you in Beijing! See you Sunday for dinner!

4D said...

So great to hear that you made it safe and sound. Enjoy the trip and take it all in.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Wendy I think I am mentally flying with you . I hope you got some rest on the plane. How was your flight in business class? I will be checking your blog at work and at home , I have my computer working so I can do that. Love you both... Mom

Carolyn said...

Fantastic! Can't believe many of our group are already in China!! Can't wait to catch up with you all in Beijing.
Take care!!

Colleen said...

Whoo hooo you are there!! Have a blast. Enjoy the ice cream. :)