My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 1 In Hong Kong

Our day started off with a trip to Starbucks. Much to my delight the Frap's here are just as good as the one's back home, the only difference is they don't put that lovely whipped cream on top.
It's still very wet, windy and rainy here but we decided to adventure out anyway.


Hong Kong's Subway system took David a few minutes to figure out and then we were off. The first thing we notice was how clean it was the cars were immaculate, and for extra safety they have glass in front of the tracks with doors that open when the trains come.














We decide our destination would be the BIG BUDDA which would involve a subway ride and a 50 minute bus ride up a very narrow and winding road. The roads took us back to the roads in Jamaica seeing these vehicles squeeze past each other. I could tell within 10 minuets David so wished he could have driven to the Budda, he very much enjoys driving on roads like this.

We arrived at the top to a very wet, windy and now foggy top. My first order of business was to find a washroom. I have to say this can be quite a challenge in this city even when you do actually find one you feel like the signs are taking you the long way to get there. Yes as you can imagine I had my first taste of the traditional Chinese potty!!! It was not all that bad I managed to use it successfully. Then we started to climb up these very steep stairs to what looked like a cloud at the top. Then this is what we saw.










The grounds of this place are so lush and fragrant with the flowers and incense's, I can just imagine how beautiful it is when the weather is nicer. On our way down we went through a few of the temples.





This last picture is for my sister's husband. I just wanted to let him know that even half way around the world the Simpson's are just a big here as they are in Canada.

4 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

4D said...

SO exciting that you are there!!

Even in the fog it looks amazing!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy
Guess what, it's us from the row in front....what a pleasant surprise when a fellow flickr member pointed out adele's picture in your site and ask us to verify !!! I have no idea how but it sure is a small world. It's No 8 typhoon now so I guess it's a real bummer for you guys. Hope you still enjoy your stay and your exciting trip to China. If you need anything pls dont hesitate to call me at 9462-8699 (cell) or we can have dinner sometime. BTW, here is adele's filckr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/evaclem/. If you have time you 'll see her growing up there. She's our precious darling.
Ciao and Cheers
Eva & Clement

Anonymous said...

Wendy, those pictures are wonderful..it's almost like I am there with you. Jeff is going to love the Simpsons' picture, thank you for thinking of him. I am just in awe of you my dear and the live you lead. Keep the photos and commentary coming. LOVE YOU!!!

Shirley said...

I'm looking forward in following your journey..Keep those pictures coming!!!