My New Web Page

My New Web Page
Just Click On the Image and Go Directly to My New WEB Page

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Great Wall!!






You know the other day when I said it was hot? Well I take that back the square felt nothing like the Great Wall. I have never in my life sweat that much and to prove that I sweat so much when I got back to the hotel and my shirt finally dried there was salt from my sweat all over it. Despite the heat it was great to see and be on that wall. The mountains are beautiful and just being there knowing the history of this place made it even more special. I found the heat prevented me from wanting to walk along the wall further.

Before we arrived at the Great Wall we went to the Jade factory!!! Some of the work there is just breath taking. The only thing David found breathtaking was the PRICES!!!! ha ha

After our climb we then went to a really nice restaurant and had what I would call the closest Canadian Chinese Food here.

We also had an opportunity to go and see were the Olympic Village will be and get a closer look at some of the buildings.

Today Miss Larkyn has a bit of a stuffy nose but she's still a very happy baby. The only thing on our groups agenda for today was more shopping and both David and I are shopped out. "for those who know me I am sure it's heard to believe"

Instead we are just hanging around the hotel today and relaxing.

David is starting to get a bit antsy here... My honey really needs some good beef soon or I am afraid he might loose IT!!!!

4 Don't Be Shy Leave Me A Comment:

jennifer said...

I'll bet when it's our turn, we'll feel the same way! My hubby is allergic to chicken (and anything that has touched it or been fried in the same grease). I'm planning to pack alot of peanut butter! Larkyn is just beautiful. I am so happy for you.

Calico Sky said...

I had no clue you were travelling! Wow ee!! Can't wait to catch up!! Very happy for you!

RoLo said...

firstly LOVE the song:)
Hooray for climbing the Great Wall.
Glad you had some good shopping time:)

Shirley said...

Great wall was extremely hot the day we went also..good luck and stay cool!!